Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter 2011

Since having kids, each year Easter get more fun. Evelyn grows more and more excited about celebrating Jesus' resurrection and loves the idea of getting a bit more dressed up for church. Oh.. and then there's the whole Easter basket thing.. she's WAY into that.. shocker!!

Here's some pics from Holy Week:


Coloring eggs with Jody. She had lots of fun and loved the "sparkly eggs"!

Our great friends the Bjorge's came over on Saturday to hang out. We had cinnamon rolls, coffee, and really good chat time. Their daughter Hannah is the same age as Evelyn.. they are good buddies, which we love. Anyways.. the girls made Rice Krispy Treat Easter eggs.. egg molded treats with M&M's in the hollowed out center. Great idea. We gave them to our faithful and awesome Sunday School teachers on Easter.

Easter Morning... this is the best shot I got of my loves before church. Lovely, isn't it? ;)

After church we went home and had lunch and naps before heading to my mom's for the rest of the day.

It was snack time for Matthew when we got there.. then again, when is it NOT snack time for him? HeeHee!

My beautiful girl coloring.. she really colors exceptionally for her age I think.. mostly in the lines and very detailed. I Love her!

My Mom and Evelyn

Matthew LOVES my mom's stairs. We have to pry him away from going up and down them. Doug was playing peek-a-boo with him... and got him laughing SO hard!



My mom's husband Doug is the best. He always thinks of cool thing for the kids to do. He organized an egg hunt in their house (it was kinda wet and rainy). Here he is explaining the rules to the older kids.

Evelyn on the prowl...

Each kid had ONE special egg for them with their name on it. In it was a silver dollar. Very cool idea. Here is Evelyn with hers...

My sweet and cute niece Regan. She is hilarious!

Daddy helping Matthew find his egg.

Regan was totally loving on her cousin. SO cute!

The kids watched Cars after dinner. Doug chaperoned! :)

I wish I had taken more photos.. as I have said in other recent posts.. its HARD with a crazy 17month old that you have to watch his every move to take a lot of pics. I gotta work on that!

Its really not about the photos, tho. Christ's death and resurrection for me and YOU is what it is all about!!

Happy Easter!

No comments: