Saturday, August 6, 2011

Picnic

Doug's company picnic was today at Blue Lake Park. This was by far the funnest time we have had at this event in a LONG time. The kids are old enough to do most of the kids activities there which made it so fun. That plus seeing and catching up with people that I usually (and sadly) only see at the picnic every year (yes, Ellen.. that means YOU! heehee).

Matthew really got into the food. He loves to eat by himself now and is pretty good with silverware. He also makes a mess. The napkin "bib" helped some.. but I am glad I had baby wipes with me!!

Evelyn thought the face painting "tickled a lot" but she LOVED her flower!

She could have gone on this bouncy slide the entire time we were there! Matthew was too little for this, but Doug was super daddy and took him into the "bouncy house" that they also had. It was too dark to take pictures of that, but be assured that he LOVED it!

One of the features at the picnic was a rock wall. Evelyn spotted it when we first got there. She said she wanted to try it, so we asked if she was big enough. Thankfully, she was by a whisker!

Daddy (a former climber himself) giving her a pep talk!

Strapping in and helmeted up!

She was scared at first, but quickly got the hang of it and did SO great!


She went way higher than this, but I think I was to nervous too take pictures! :)

Almost down (from her SECOND trip.. she did it twice!)!

Happy climber!! Time to sign her up for classes I think!

Matthew found sticks (and he LOVES sticks) ... and was entertained for a long while!

There was a old fashioned popcorn machine... both the kids enjoyed that as well as the other desserts that were there!



Evelyn also went in the "big kid" bouncy house, as she called it.


She was pretty proud of herself!

Our friends the Barley's (Dean works with Doug.. they have shared a cube wall for years!) were playing miniature golf so we went to join them. My kids haven't ever done it before.. as you will see!

Well, sweetie.. that's one way to do it.

"Hey.. its a 4.. just like me!"

Matthew... well.. he just didn't have a clue! But he was cute!

Heading home after a long day.. his car seat sits behind the driver seat, so I don't get to look at him a lot since I am usually driving. He would just grin at me every time I looked back at him from the passenger seat. I love him!

Evelyn wearing the gloves we got as a gift.. she wore them the whole way home (which, due to traffic.. was LONG time!)!

Tired sweetness!

Both the kids were SO tired when we got home. They were both in bed a little after 7 and I expect them to sleep very, very well!!

A very fun day indeed!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

We thought it was the best picnic, too. The kids had a blast and it was nice to see you and your family.