Saturday, August 13, 2011

Birthday Day!

Saturday was Doug's birthday. Woohoo!! Per usual, we had a big family BBQ in our backyard and had a lovely day celebrating my husband (as well as other summer birthdays).

Breakfast cinnamon rolls... of course!

Both the kids LOVE their daddy.. and love birthdays! Poor Matthew is sick... and not in the best mood, as you can see!

Good friend Erik stopped by with coffee and he and Doug had a nice time chatting.

Grandpa Doug and Grandma eating lunch with the kids.. Evelyn was SO excited to see them!

Doug's brother, aunt and sis relaxing over good food!

Um... related? Yup!

The "older cousins" played with Matthew in the rocks. He LOVED hanging out with them, and they were very sweet to him!

Always performing!

I made homemade strawberry ice cream for the party. My nephews decided they would have a contest to see who could hold onto the super cold container the longest. It was pretty funny!

.. and they're off!

lots of pain!

Mitchell was the first out!

Ben and Zach battled to a tie!

...so they ended it a different way: cold hands to the face!

SO yummy!!

Sweet Mitchell!

Enjoying every bite.. all by himself!

Angel food cake fun!
Lots of good times had by all!

He did it again. Click here to and scroll down a bit to know the story!

Gregory showing his tree climbing skills!

An attempt at a family photo....

The best we got!

Doug got lots of thoughtful gifts, but I think I scored the best gift! He LOVES the movie "A Christmas Story". I found this "Major Award" night light and HAD to get it for him. He, as you can see, thought it was the coolest!


A fun birthday for my favorite guy, indeed!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Great post. I love the lamp gift - that is one of my fav movies for sure! And the family pic is adorable! Looks like a fun time was had by all (even little sick Matthew).

BMR said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences here on your blog --- I enjoyed this post.