Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Doug!

If you know my husband, you know that A) that he is wonderful, and B) he is not one to make a big deal about his birthday! Usually we have some family over for a BBQ and Doug usually does most of the cooking. That's just how he is.

Since this year was his 40th birthday, I wanted to do it a bit different. He really didn't want a huge party, just the usual family gig. So I decided that this year, he was NOT going to be doing the cooking. He was to simply enjoy his day with the ones he loves. We had a total of almost 30 people in our backyard (we both have large families). I had some of the food catered and others made things. It was over 90 degrees, but there was a nice breeze in our yard that really kept it quite tolerable.

This fountain was left by the previous owner of our house. I hate it. Doug thinks its funny to keep it around and fire it up on "special occasions". Evelyn thinks it hilarious that he does it and thinks my eye rolling is pretty funny,too. Lovely, isn't it? *sigh*

Me and my sweet girl...

We put the sprinkler out, since it was really hot. The kids LOVED it! It also helped keep the adults cool when the breeze would carry the mist up the hill!

Grandma love!

The birthday boy!

I didn't get many pictures due to playing hostess and having a son who didn't nap all day and wanted to "snack" (you breastfeeding moms know what I mean!) a lot. I need to work on giving my camera to someone else to get pictures.

We did, tho, have such a lovely day. Doug felt thoroughly celebrated and enjoyed his party!

Doug, I love you more than words can say. I am so thankful you were born 40 years ago, and looking forward to spending the next 40 with you!! Happy Birthday, babe!

Oh...wait... I almost forgot about the cards!!

So the party was on Saturday, but his actual birthday was Friday. I sent an email out to friends to send Doug a card for his big day. Since he is not a big party guy, but is loved by many, I thought this would be a fun idea. I hid them as they came in the mail and then surprised him with them on his birthday.

I had Evelyn bring the huge stack of cards out to him. She was so excited!

Doug enjoying the cards, Matthew enjoying eating the envelopes!

Evelyn loved to look at all of them with her daddy.

Ok.. now I am really done. Happy Birthday, sweetie! XO

No comments: