Monday, August 30, 2010

Saturday

Doug wanted to trim up one of the trees in the front yard. Evelyn really wanted to help. Matthew was napping (usually they nap at the same time, he took a morning nap instead Saturday), so us three got to hang together, which was a rare treat!

At first, Evelyn was more interested in the ladder than helping with the tree (shocker, I know!).

Is this okay, mom?

I did it!

I think she is pretty cute!

She finally got into helping Doug a little bit, just in time for clean up!



Later in the afternoon we headed to a 4th birthday party for the Kroeker twins'. Evelyn was excited to wear a new hand-me-down dress (can I just tell you how much I LOVE having friends with older girls who pass along awesome clothes!).

This is the best she would give me...

"The Cage". This is what my in-laws had when Doug and his siblings were younger. It is an according-like collapsible play yard thing and it ROCKS! We set it up at the party for Matthew. Evelyn enjoyed it just as much as he did I think. Actually, at one point we had 6 kids in there, and only one was a baby! It was a hit with everyone apparently!

Sometimes I take pictures and I don't know how on earth I got such a good shot. This is one of those. LOVE this picture of my sweet babies!

Evelyn's "I just want to play by myself" face. Its a classic!


This one was almost great.. missed Ev's face by a whisker. Bummer! They both had fun at the party and hanging out together. I think it is so sweet how much they really do love each other!

Have you noticed that I am blogging more? I really.. and I mean really want to keep up with this. Getting behind just stresses me out! So check in frequently.. there will be new posts more often.. at least that's my goal!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I can't believe how tall Evelyn is! She grew a lot this summer!