Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

Such a beautiful October day like today just screams "hey, let's go to the pumpkin patch!" So when the kids (okay, all of us) woke up from a nap we headed to our favorite place to procure those orange, carvable squash.. Baggenstos Farm.

I am really trying hard to NOT get frustrated that my beautiful and sweet children do NOT like to have their picture taken often and do not pose well at all. It is just where they are right now.. and I am learning to just go with it and get the best ones I can!

That being said.. here's a glimpse of our fun family outing!

Playing on the big tractor while we waited for our turn on the hay ride

My and my sweet pea.. she thinks self portraits are fun!

Matthew LOVES tractors, but he gets scared of their loud noise. Doug is trying to convince him that the tractor is not out to get him! :)

Snacking on the hay ride. Notice Matthew keeping an eye on the tractor pulling us.. he really is quite concerned!

Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere!

Doug and Matthew having yet another talk about tractor safety!

But my oldest LOVES it here and ran and ran and ran! (Oh.. if you are thinking, hey there are a lot of green pumpkins... you're right. It was strange. Not the best crop this year.. but we did find some good ones!)

Off to find her treasure!

This was her first pick but she wanted to keep looking!

Our trip wouldn't be complete without romping thru the Christmas trees!

and yet again... poor buddy was really kinda freaked out by the noise!

She found THE ONE!!

And Matthew did too!

Needless to say we did NOT ride the hay ride back to the farm. We walked (not far really) and enjoyed that much better!

Enjoying some kettle corn.. and trying to keep the bees away! Yikes there were SO many!

This is him saying "noooooo".. as in, don't take my picture! *sigh*

We then took the kids to the kids hay maze and man, oh man they had a blast running and jumping on the hay bales!

Happy Boy!

My favorite picture of the day... catch me sissy!


My little ray of sunshine! :)

The best "group" shot of the day. Again.. *sigh*

Days like today I am reminded that it is not about getting the best photo, but enjoying the time making fun memories together.

Happy Fall, friends!

2 comments:

abby said...

Soooo sweet! Happy Halloween Morris Clan! ;)

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Cute, CUTE!!

I LOVE the difference in E and M! Age and personality! I bet he will love it next year!

I don't think I've ever seen green "ripe" pumpkins before, crazy!