Saturday, October 29, 2011

Win The Day

In 1977, a young coach named Rick Brooks took over the helm of the dire football program at the University of Oregon. He had a dream. He had vision. He worked his tail off to make it happen. My dad was one of the ones who bought into Rich's dream, and became a season ticket holder. 50 yard line seats, no less. Year after year, rain or shine, good team or bad, my dad supported his "Duckies" and went to as many games as he could. I spent many a Saturday morning tailgating at Autzen and running around the rather empty stadium enjoying the game and playing with friends whose dads had also purchased season tickets.

As the years went on, Rich's dreams became reality and now the Ducks have one of the best football programs in the nation. And we still have some of the best seats in the house!! After my dad died in 2002, we knew there was no way we were letting go of the tickets. Too much attachment, and the seats were too good! Due to season of life (my sisters and I have young families) and the price of the tickets, we sell most of our tickets to pay for them. One of us tries to get to at least one game a season.

For the first time in 6 years it was ME who got to go to a game this year. WITH my sister Michelle, her friend Chris, and my nephew Curtis! It was such a great day, surrounded by dad's spirit and watching a great game!

Chris is a Cougar fan, and we made it clear how we felt about that! :) Actually, it was SO fun to have him along, he is a hoot! (And do you see the magnet on my sister's car door? My sweet and talented hubby made those for me, for us to take to Eugene. I heart him!)

One of my favorite picture of the whole day, and only Chris and Shell will get it (one word: wikipedia!)! :)

Autzen Stadium.. one of the most beautiful places on the earth!

Curtis, Michelle and I

My "Best Man"! Brian was the best man in my sister's wedding almost 20 years ago; I was the maid of honor. I haven't seen him in years. He actually teaches at UO now and met up with us for lunch.

Here comes Chip and the boys! (Chip is in the white visor.. his trademark!)

The view from our seats. Told you they were good!

The reason we are here.....

Curtis had a great time. What a great nephew I have!

Chris watching his boys LOSE! Haha! He actually was a really good sport about it!



Sister love!!

The next morning the whole gang went to breakfast before Michelle, Chris and the kids headed back home to Idaho.

My sweet niece Abby

Matthew loves his Grandpa Doug!!

I love my sisters!

What a great weekend! Win the Day! Every day!

No comments: