Thursday, December 13, 2012

Things Pondered, Part 6

If I am being honest, this past year has been one of the most challenging years of parenting Evelyn. I have heard some say that 5 is a tough age.. and I would say for me, that is true. I have learned a lot about Evelyn, how she ticks, and how to communicate with her in a way that is helpful for both of us. She continues to amaze me with how smart she is and how creative she is. She continues to grow in her desire to learn about the world around her. She continues to push buttons and try my patience at times, too..haha! Overall, tho.. even tho it has been an interesting year, it has been another year with my baby girl, and for that I am thankful. She adds so much to my life.. to our family's life... and I love her more than words can say!

 Evelyn's birthday party was on the 8th, but that didn't stop us from celebrating our SIX year old on her actual birthday!!

She was pretty excited to FINALLY be six!

Since she got Matthew a monster truck for his birthday, he thought his sister needed one, too.. and he found her a PINK monster truck! There was some eye rolling and laughs, but she really did like it!!





It wouldn't be a birthday without cinnamon rolls!



Sadly the afternoon was not so fun as my sweet girl came down with a fever and really felt horrible, had bad cough and was really congested. She was still up for getting take out at her favorite place, Happy Panda (she loves the orange chicken!). We swung by Dairy Queen on our way home, where she was serenaded with the Happy Birthday song by the drive thru guy as he gave her the blizzard she asked for. We came home, watched "Toy Story 2" and she went to bed early, happy even tho she felt crummy.

Happy Birthday, my Evelyn Joy!


" ..and Mary treasured these things and pondered them in her heart" ~Luke 2:19

No comments: