Monday, December 3, 2012

My Matthew

Yesterday Matthew turned 3. THREE. I am trying hard to not get all choked up when I type that. My baby. My last baby. Is three. Sigh...

He still wakes up around 7AM, naps from 12-2ish, and is usually asleep by 7:45-8pm. He cracks us up as he "talks" himself to sleep at night, singing "Jesus Loves Me", the "Happy Birthday" song, the ABC song or just chatting to his beloved "Bear" (his stuffed white bear) about what is on his mind. Sometimes I think might be ready to not nap any longer, but thankfully he still asks to take one and is usually asleep in moments! I am enjoying "my time" (Evelyn is in school while he naps) while it lasts... I bet before he is 4 his naps will be no longer.

Matthew enjoys life. He is a happy and laid back kid. He is three, so he DOES get frustrated about silly things and DOES throw the occasional fit, but for the most part he is full of joy and "cited" about everything! He still loves "diggers", trucks, tractors, and hot wheels. He, like his sister, is a good little "player" and at least once a day he will say he wants to go "play by myself" and will do so for up to 20 minutes. He is my mover and groover, always on the go, but not to the point (yet!) where it is constant. He loves sports of all kinds, but football, soccer and basketball are his top 3 and there are few days where we are NOT kicking, throwing or shooting a ball.

He is always ready to watch a show (the kids watch 30min/day of TV so they REALLY look forward to it!). His favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, and Little Einsteins.He sings the songs and intently watched the shows and always enjoys this time.

Even though he is almost as tall as Evelyn (seriously.. only 4 inches shorter) and weighs close to the same as her (1.5 lbs less to be exact!), he still seems so little to me because he is still growing in his verbal skills. . that and the fact that I don't want to believe he is getting bigger! I think that is what makes him so stinkin' cute and so easy to love... he is our baby boy.

This year he has made leaps and bounds with his talking. LEAPS AND BOUNDS! This time last year, he had very few words and was easily frustrated with not being able to communicate (as were we). We still have those moments when we have no idea what he is saying, but they are few and far between. Evelyn is always a great translator (seriously... it is so amazing how she can know what he is saying... that would be a great topic of a thesis or something!) but we need her less and less these days. We are so proud of him!!

To describe just how much joy he brings to me, to our family,  is pretty tough to do. He is full of life, love, and energy. He is kind, thoughtful, hilarious, and loves me with all his being. They say "boys love their momma". Yep... they do.

I am so blessed to be loved by this boy.



No comments: