Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!!

Every year I say I am not going to get sucked into Halloween (I really don't enjoy the whole event much at all for various reasons) but once again we ended up getting into it and had a busy and super fun day. That coupled with Matthew and I both having colds and not feeling great made it just that much crazier! But.. over all the kids had a GREAT day.. and really, that's what it is all about!

I helped out with Evelyn's "Harvest Party" at school. Most of the kids dressed up and looked so cute. She has a great group of kids in her class this year, and an amazing teacher. It was fun to hang out with them for a while this afternoon, even if they were super excited and kinda crazy! :)


Joshua and Evelyn were in kindy together last year and sit next to each other this year. They really get a long well.. and I think he is such a sweet kid!

Ev with Josh and Noah... they both sit next to her at her table and it is sweet to see how much they enjoy her and vise versa. I think they like that she isn't "boy crazy" like some of the other girls (it is starting earlier.. yikes! Thankful she isn't there yet!).


This is Sarah, a friend and another mom, is a former teacher herself and she totally rocked it in the classroom today. She got the kids excited and kept their attention while explaining our activities. I vote her to lead up all the class parties this year.. and I want Jack to be in Evelyn's class every year. Amen!


Note to self: take pictures of the kids in costume BEFORE dark. We had swim lessons in the afternoon and then it was a mad scramble to get the kids fed, bathed and costumed up. The lighting is just not great for pictures when it is dark so sadly mine didn't turn out so great. At least my subjects were adorable!


My Larry Boy. Matthew said he wanted to be Larry Boy for halloween and we didn't find a costume that we liked, so my handy husband just went all crazy and made one. He did such an AMAZING job.. all I did was by a shirt! :) Matthew was so proud and excited to be his favorite super hero!

Evelyn REALLY wanted to be princess Sophia (the First). Doug found a costume on sale and we surprised her with it a few weeks ago. She has been so excited to wear it. I did her hair all up (she did NOT like the process but loved the end product!) and she was all set.. and beautiful!

My favorite trick-or-treaters!

Daddy and his (Larry) boy.

Ready to head out.
Off they go! Technically it was my turn to take this kids out, but my sweet Doug had pity on me being sick and let me stay home. Love him for that!

Since both the kids aren't feeling great either (Evelyn isn't as bad a Matthew, but she still isn't 100%) we just went around the neighborhood for a bit. The kids had fun and ran into a few friends. Right before they got home I got a text from Jody *hinting* for us to come visit her. So I piled the kids in the car and we headed over to her place for a bit.

Yes.. her dog Atlas Mae is a "rufferee"... so cute. . Love these 4!

Even cuter is Matthew and Attie in this picture. He usally is scared of her (she is a jumper and licker.. he isn't a fan of that!) but tonight he was so sweet with her and even gave her a hug before we left. I love how they are both looking at each other in this one!

Overall a busy day and a fun day. Now off to eat candy and try to kick this cold...

Happy November All!!

No comments: