Wednesday, November 13, 2013

On Kissing and Pooping.... (for reals)

Kids say the darnedest things...  my kids are no exception. So often I say, "I need to write that one down!" but never do, and I forget what cute things they both have said over the years. I did do one post (click here) on some Evelyn funnies when she was 3 but haven't yet for Matthew, who has come up with some doozies in his short (almost) 4 years.

Here are the lastest funnies from my sweet kids..

So.. in Evelyn's class they are encouraged to write a "letter" to a classmate once a week. Mrs. Beltran has a template they use to do it. A few weeks ago she wrote this to her friend Josh. His mom texted me this picture of it because she thought it was so awesome.

A little background.. Joshua is frequently chased at recess by a girl who really likes him and wants to kiss him. He puts up with it, bless his heart. Evelyn sometimes is encouraged to chase/kiss him, too. She isn't "boy crazy" yet (sheesh... thank goodness. That can happen as LATE as possible. Amen.) and has told me that she won't kiss a boy until I tell her she can (again.. AMEN...love this kid!)!

This is the letter she wrote Joshua:


 Dear Joshua, I hope you never marry Minley because she will kiss you every second. And don't let her kiss you at school either. But I bet you can find someone else to marry I'm sure. Have a great weekend. Love, Evelyn


Oh. My. Word. Funny!!

---------------------------------------------------------

And Matthew... oh, sweet Matthew. Potty training has gone SO well.. I could not be more proud of him. He hasn't had an accident in at least 4 weeks (night included). He has his own brand of "potty talk" now.. and it is so funny!

My favorites are..

"My pee comes from my right knee, and my poop comes from my left knee!" .... who knew? :)

He usually calls his poop a "big snake".. cuz he thinks that's what they look like. Last week he was a bit constipated and had a hard time. When he finally finished, he told Doug, "that was a mean snake.. and it had really beady eyes!" I think Doug and I were in tears laughing at that one.


My boy... he's got his own style! LOVE him!

I am sure they both will kill me when they are old enough to be embarrassed by this post, but I just had to share.. mostly so I won't forget how wonderfully funny my sweet babies were!

No comments: