Saturday, October 2, 2010

In Denial.. Part 2

What's even more unbelievable about Matthew being 10 months old is Evelyn turning FOUR in a little over 2 month. FOUR, people... she is gonna be FOUR! *sigh...*

She is such a smart kid. She listens and learns well. She talks well. BUT.. she still is 3, and three year olds can say the funniest things!! I wanted to write down some of her "sayings" if you will. I thought I would just bullet point them. I may add to them later!
  • "You two need to stop all that silliness" (to me and Doug if we are laughing about something)
  • "I just got all.... crazy."
  • "Look, momma.. the sun is rising down!!" (noticing the sunset)
  • "The Quesadilla Place" = Taco Bell
  • "The Puuuuubbb" = McMennimens
  • "The Five Dollar Footlong Place" = Subway
  • "Well. I'm pretty.. and I'm sensible. I just get shy around people sometimes"
  • "I forgive you mommy" (this is what she says when she is asking for forgiveness!)
  • Old MacDonald (Doug's old "big boss" had McDonald as his last name. Evelyn started calling him this.. not to be silly.. it just is what she called him!)
  • "I can't wait to get to Heaven and see all the Polly Pockets that are there!"
  • After falling down "I must have been overcome by gravity!" Huh????
  • "Who was in your work class today, Daddy?"
  • Coloring in her "cow" book from the fair: "Look, mommy, I colored the cow yellow with pink gutters"
I could go on. .she can be so funny. She also can be a little stinker, but we'll keep her anyway!! We really can't imagine life without her! She just is growing up way too fast!

Her are some latest pics of my sweet pea!

First night of AWANAS. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's sort of like Cub Scouts, but from a Biblical perspective. This is Evelyn first year (they start at age 3). She is a "Cubbie"

She was SO excited and could NOT settle down to sleep when she got home.. too much to talk about and think about.

This past week she got her Cubbie vest and workbook.. and oh, boy was she proud and excited!

I think she is really going to enjoy this activity!

Grandma just got back from Hawaii so we went to welcome her home.. at Krispy Kreme! She works next door, so its a logical (and yummy!) spot!

Halloween sprinkles for the girl!!


Grandma brought her home a hula outfit. Its cute.. but I think she looks WAY too grown up in it! I thought about it as a Halloween costume, but after seeing it on her, I think not! She loves it, tho, and it will be a great dress-up thing. Thanks for all the goodies for the kids, mom!

I love you, Evelyn Joy. That's all I have to say about that!

No comments: