Monday, September 27, 2010

I am in denial

Is Matthew really going to be TEN months old on Friday? I don't remember time flying by so fast with Evelyn! Pretty soon December will be here and I won't have a "baby" anymore. I am in total denial . That is, until I pick up him up and my back nealy gives out. Sigh....

At his 9 month appointment he was about 22 pounds and over 30 inches tall (that's 98% in height!). He was 21 pounds at his 6 month visit, so I was a bit concerned that he hadn't gained more weight than that. But then our pediatrician reminded me that he is now more active and will burn off a lot more energy and not gain weight as quickly. Of course...

Anyways, he is perfectly healthy and such a happy kid. Really.. he is such a smiley, laughing, snuggly boy. He loves his mommy and wants to know where I am at all times. The squeals of joy he makes when Doug gets home from work are priceless. The "Oh, my.. you are the coolest thing EVER!" look he gives his sister is pretty special, too. And if he could pet the cat at all times, that would just be icing on the cake for him! He has, however, figured out how to throw a little tantrum.. ALREADY!! Yikes! He doesn't like it when he doesn't get his way. Its actually pretty cute at this age.. I try not to let him see me laugh!

He finally got his first tooth last week.. FINALLY!! He has been a bit more cranky ever since so I hope that means more are coming. He really wants to eat whatever we are eating, but has choked pretty bad a couple of times, so I have to be careful to make sure things are soft and small. He loves mashed potatoes, pears, chicken, steamed carrots and peanut butter sandwiches, and will try anything I give him. He is already eating a lot, way more than his sister did at this age. And he is still nursing 5 times a day! I think I have a big eater on my hands... especially as much energy he does burn off with all of his activity.

Speaking of the boy being active, I didn't realized just how fortunate I was that Evelyn didn't really get into much she wasn't supposed to, and certainly didn't put much in her mouth (that space was primarily occupied by her pacifier!). I didn't realized this until Mr Handsome Pants got mobile. Oh, my... he is EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING! He still prefers to commando crawl although can crawl the "normal way". He is quick as a wink, too, getting from one end of the living room to the other in record speed. He is able to pull himself up on low to the ground stuff, but wants so badly to be able to do more. He loves to stand at the living room window sill and watch the world go by. He can wave, clap, and has several "words" that mean various things. He is a late bloomer on many things compared to his sister, but he might one-up her when it comes to walking. I think it will happen sooner that it did with her. We'll see.

He has an affinity for power cords, the garbage can, shoes, and any cupboard that is not locked. I seriously can't leave him alone for a minute.. you never know where he will be and what will be in his mouth! I am not sure how I am going to shower once he outgrows the exersaucer!!

Okay, Okay... I know all you really want it pictures. Here ya go...

He really loves to eat! This is his super excited face. I love it!

This is "I always am tired because I don't nap much" face. I try to get him to nap more.. its pointless, really!

He is pulling up to standing now.. a bit wobbly and shouldn't be left alone doing it, but he is standing!

My friend Darcie made blankets for both kids when they were born. Evelyn has "Purple", which she loves. Matthew, however, is WAY more attached to his "Blue" than Evelyn is to her blanket (she has her "pony".. that ranks slightly higher than the blanket). He has to have it near by at all times. Evelyn will get Purple and they will play with them together. Its pretty cute!

True love! This is how he sleeps, too.. on top of the blanket, gripping it will all he's got. SO sweet! I'm gonna have to keep him in fleece jammies all winter for sure!

I created this "baby" drawer for Evelyn when she was little, and never changed it since I hoped we would have another child. Matthew enjoys opening and closing the drawer and emptying it out over and over again.

And, of course, he LOVES his daddy. I need to get on film his usual reaction when Doug comes home from work. The smiles, the loud squealing, the super speedy crawling towards him.. its so cute!

That's all I've got for now. We love our little man so!


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Sweet post, Stephanie. He really is a doll.