Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Beach Day 2

Day two was our first full day. We had a blast doing all sorts of things on the beach. I don't think we came in other than to eat and go to the bathroom. It was such a beautiful day!


 Pop Tarts for breakfast... they look forward to this ALL year, as we don't have them any other time! :)

 Love these three!!



 I just love how he eats a muffin.. :)


 I love that they love to play with each other and have so much fun together!

 Silly kids! 

This year we did a couple of new things. One was fly kites. The kids took to it well and loved it! Matthew's kite didn't work well at all, but he was SUCH a good sport about it and just kept trying. Doug brought a spare one that worked great so he ended up with a good kite to fly.

 She's a pro! 






Another thing new we did was go to some tide pools about a mile down the beach. It was a good walk for the kids but they agreed that it was totally worth it. 

 Booted up and ready to go!





 So... I didn't grow up climbing on rocks, in the ocean or anywhere. I will do it now and am fine, but I am a bit concerned about my kids doing it.. This face would describe my feelings about that. Thankfully Doug is quite experienced in both tide pool hunting and calming me down.. haha.. so it was a very fun time for all of us. Most of the time!


 Impromtu hand holding is my favorite!


 We once again ended our day down in the river. They didn't get as wet as the night before, but still I am glad I brought a towel down to the beach with us this time! 

Sunset. Day 2.


No comments: