Friday, October 31, 2014

A Very Happy Halloween

As I was putting Evelyn to bed tonight (or I should say attempting to put my amped up, sugared up sweet pea to bed..haha), she said, "mom, this was the best halloween ever!" I would have to agree that it indeed was a pretty fun day. Here's a re-cap:

"The Wizard of Oz" was the theme of the kids' costumes this year, Evelyn being Dorothy and Matthew going as the cowardly lion. While I LOVE playing with Evelyn's hair, I am not the best at "doing" her hair. She wanted "Dorothy hair" SO badly. I mentioned this to my friend since 9th grade Sallee, who also happens to be my hairdresser. She immediately offered to do it for me. It was such a thoughtful and generous gesture.. truly. We did a practice run the day before and then Sallee, being such a great friend, came over to our house at 7am!!! to do Evelyn's hair. She is amazing, and Evelyn's hair was amazing. So blessed...

So thankful for Sallee's friendship (almost 30 year strong!)

I felt well enough to go to school to help a little bit at Evelyn's class party. It is always a treat to hang out with these 2nd graders... they are a great group of kids!
Ready for the costume parade!

Thankful for good friends for my sweet girl!
I couldn't fit Tenaya's full set of peacock wings in the picture..but they were A-MAZ-ING!

One of the games was a mummy wrapping contest. Evelyn teamed up with Liam.
She went for the face first.. it was hilarious! Liam was a good sport!

I love this photo of Helena!
Poor Noah...
Picking up candy corns with chop sticks.. harder than it looks!
My other favorite pumpkin was my side kick today! He was happy to watch it all and then get a cupcake!

Mrs. Beltran and her crazy crew!

Not sure how up to things I would be only a week out of surgery, Jody agreed to take the kids trick-or-treating if she needed to. The kids had also asked if they could "borrow" Atlas, Jody's dog, to use as "Toto" for the evening. Jody said that was fine... and then that morphed into her somehow being conned into dressing up with the kids (she's a sucker.. and she loves my kids!). The kids had NO idea (nor did Doug and I) that THIS was going to happen:

Jody came in FULL costume as the Tin Man.. and she did NOT disappoint. She looked amazing! The kids were so surprised and super excited!
Ready to head out!
At the end of their time out and about they joined with friends from school.


Inspecting and sampling their "loot"!

Such a fun day.. such cute kids...such a great friend... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: