Friday, June 12, 2015

Last Day of School!!

Today was such a bittersweet day. For me. For Evelyn. For the entire 2nd grade class of Mrs. Beltran. For the past two years, Mrs Beltran has taught, encouraged and loved on this group of great kids, and now it is time to move on. To third grade. To a new teacher. To have different kids in class. Some big changes. Thankfully Mrs. Beltran has been preparing her charges for this day and given them tools  to help them come September we they are in a new class. Overall, tho, it was a fun day for my girl and for me, knowing I can have her home EVERY day for a few months! Man, I love summer!

Ready to head out for her last day. Can I slow down time?
Tenaya, Evelyn and Ellie at lunch. Mrs. Beltran gave the class a choice to eat in the classroom or the cafeteria. Not ONE person wanted to leave. They all wanted to have lunch together one last time. So sweet! I surprised Evelyn with lunch from Chipoltle (her fav)... it was a great way to get into class to take some pictures..haha!
Mrs. Beltran handed out award at the end of class... special awards she came  up with for each kid. Evelyn got the "Joy" award for always being joyful. I was so proud and love that about her!


Sophia is in the blue shirt. She is going to a different school next year and is SO SO sad to be leaving her friends. She has been in tears all week it seems, bless her heart, and kept hugging kids all day today. We already have play dates planned with her this summer. She is a sweet friend who Evelyn will miss next year for sure!

These two. Sigh.... Next year they won't be in class together. That will be hard. On them. On me, too..haha! They truly are best friends and I am thankful for how Ellie brings out the best in Evelyn.

Our beloved Mrs. Beltran. The past two years she has been such an amazing influence on Evelyn's life and learning, and had become a friend to me as well. We will miss her so much, and I know she will always hold a special place in Evelyn's heart.
Their final walk to the pick up area as 2nd graders!
Silly kids!
Gosh I love these faces! I have to admit I was teary after school, knowing these kids won't all be together next year!
Poor Sophia... she was so sad... Ev and Ellie were so sweet in comforting her! 

It has been a tradition since kindy that some of us go to Menchie's for frozen yogurt to celebrate the end of the year. Ellie came home with us after school so she got to join us. It was a fun time with some awesome kids!

I am already praying that if it is God's will, one of these awesome boys would marry Evelyn someday...haha!  Love Noah and Joshua.. and love how they truly care about my sweet girl!

Love these two!

Is my baby girl REALLY heading into 3rd grade? While I find it hard to believe, I am more excited than sad to see what God has for her next years. SO thankful for another amazing year at Fir Grove! Now... SUMMERTIME! WOOHOO!

No comments: