Friday, June 19, 2015

New Pool!

For many reasons, mainly my un-enjoyment of crowds (especially at pools when my my kids aren't the strongest swimmers yet), I have wanted to have a pool at home for quite a while. Not just a "kiddie pool" but a nice one that was deep-ish. Now, the cost and maintenence of putting in an in-ground pool was way more than we needed and really not even an option. This is Oregon, after all, and our true summer days are few. After looking at different options and costs, we found a great deal on a soft sided 4ft deep above ground pool that hopefully will bring us much enjoyment for at least a few years!

We got the pool at the end of Ma and got it up and running this week. Let me tell you, tho, it is going to be A LOT of work, I have to give lots of props to Doug, who worked long and hard to get the yard ready for the pool by trimming trees and leveling out the ground (NOT an easy task). I think I will earn another degree, this time in chemical engineering, by the end of the summer after all I have been learning about keeping the pool chemicals all balanced. I now understand why many who have an inground pool have a "pool guy" who manages all that! :) It will be a labor of love for sure!

The kids, however, already love it and I have a feeling I will be playing lifeguard most of the summer!!







Helloooooo summer!

No comments: