Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Baby is a Kindergartener!

My sweet boy is sound asleep at the moment, oh so tired from his FIRST day of kindergarten. I am exhausted as well, this being a super tough day on my mommy heart. But, he had a GREAT day and for that I am so thankful!

As hard as it was for me to send Evelyn off to kindergarten, sending my baby off today was just as hard, if not harder. First of all, kindergarten is ALL DRAT DAY. New state law, which you can probably guess I am not a fan of. I was so hoping to have him in 1/2 day kindy, like his sister, so we could still do things like swim lessons, etc, before school... just have MORE time with him. I am thankful, so thankful that we did preschool with him last year. The separation part, for him anyway, will  not be so shocking, I hope. Secondly, I am gonna miss his sweet face and joyful spirit so much those 6.5 hours he will be gone. And lastly, it means a new season for me. I am now a stay at home mom who has both kids in school. I am beyond grateful that I am able to be home, but feeling unsure of what my days will look like during the school year. I am sure I will get into a rhythm, just like the kids, but man, it will be so different.

Ok... back to my boy. Here is a recap of his first day!!

First, lets go back to bedtime last night. Just like Evelyn, he had some "seeds of learning" that he was supposed to put under his pillow. Teachers Mrs. Pearson (who Evelyn had and who Matthew and I LOVE), and Mrs. Davis, who till team teach with her (I love her already as well!) told him to put those seeds under his pillow and he would dream lots of good school dreams and be ready to learn.


He was pretty excited about this!
Evelyn has been so encouraging and helping to get Matthew ready for school. She was excited for him, too!
He wanted a smoothie for breakfast. Don't tell him there is spinach and protein powder in there!


My big boy, ready to go!
These two.... always silly!! Love them!



Chattin' with daddy on our walk to school


He was pretty excited to have his picture taken in front of the school sign, "just like Evelyn does!"

Backpack hook. Sigh... this is really  happening!

Pretty excited about this whole kindergarten thing!

Play-doh while waiting for all the kids to arrive

Saying bye to dad...

I was a wreck... can you tell? Sheesh... The goodbye was so hard for me. Matthew? As you can see by his silly face, he was just fine...haha!


The day went by SOOOOO slow! I was a mess and pretty much was in tears all day. I know it will get better, but today was hard. I prayed so much for my little pumpkin... that he would listen well, be  safe, make some friends, and have fun. Then, finally, it was time to go get him!

He got to be line leader on the way out... pretty cool for my little man!

I was so happy to see his face and squeeze him tight!!

Both his teachers told me they "love him" and that he is the "sweetest thing ever" and that he had a great day. Matthew agreed saying his day was "awesome!". He spent the afternoon sharing with Evelyn and I all he did his first day and how great it was. His only complaints were that he was tired and that "rest time" isn't long enough! HA! I will take those as pretty minor complaints! :)

For dinner he requested cheeseburgers corn, and BBQ chips... which we all enjoyed outside in beautiful weather. 

He was asleep within moments tonight and looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. I wish he didn't have to go back... haha.. but I am so thankful for a good launch into grade school for him!!

I know he is gonna shine!!

No comments: