Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Third Grade

How is it possible that I have a third grader?

The past two years Evelyn has had the same teacher and the same class mates. While she is excited for the new year to start, she is also a bit anxious about having a new teacher and meeting new kids. When we met her teacher last week (whom we like already), she also noticed that their were only 4 kids from her old class, and 3 of them were boys. And the boys were not "her boys", the wonderful boys who she has a strong friendship with. Her and her 2 best friends are all in different classes. Needless to say this has her a bit sad and concerned. The past few days I have specifically prayed for her heart, for peace and for courage to face the new year with joy and excitement. I so hope she can meet new friends and do well.

This morning she was up and excited about the day, which eased my mind a bit. She picked the perfect outfit to wear (of course) and was excited for our annual photo session!


I love her!

After school she was tired but said over all her day was good. She likes Mrs. West and she was happy to see her friends at recess. Hopefully it will only get better from here, and this year will be great!

Evelyn Joy, you make my heart smile. I am so fortunate to be your mom, to be able to help you grow into who God wants   you to be. Make the most of this year, baby girl! I am cheering for you!!

Third Grade... let's do this!

No comments: