Tuesday, September 8, 2015

While Sister is Away......

.... mommy and Matthew will play!

The school decided to do a staggered start for the kindergarten kids this year, which means Matthew starts tomorrow, not today. I can't begin to tell you how happy that made me. For one, I can get each of my kids settled into their class without having to rush to the other class to drop off the other one. And two... I get one more day with my favorite 5 year old!!

We made the most of the day even tho we missed Evelyn dearly. We kept busy by doing lots of fun things!



We hit the dirt bike track first. We told Matthew as soon as he was off training wheels we could go to a dirt bike track by our house. He's only been riding solo for less than a week, but he held me to that promise and we went. It made me super nervous (shocker!) since he already he thinks he's Evel Kinevil...ha! He actually did SO good and had a great time, until he had a rather big crash.. then he wanted to go. I made him do the loop one more time just to 'get back on the horse', then we headed off to our next adventure.


 We then headed to the eye doctor to have Matthew's glassed adjusted and thoroughly clean. Mr. Tom was fun to work with and was encouraged Matthew to have fun and work hard in school. A good stop!


Lunch!! So... Burger King has these cool soda machine that lets you pick a soda and add a flavor if you want. Matthew has wanted to try a 'strawberry sprite' since he heard that was one of the choices. He finally got to have one and he thought it was the best ever! It was a fun lunch stop. All Matthew could talk about was how excited he was about starting school. Yay!

Lego time! He wanted to play legos with me. We had fun building all sorts of things, including this football field upright! :)

I love this boy with all my heart!

While we were super excited to got pick up Evelyn for school, we both were thankful for the day spent together. Gearing my heart up for tomorrow. The kindergarten adventure begins!



No comments: