Monday, August 27, 2018

First Day of School 2018

Here we go!! First day! Do I really have a third grader and a middle schooler?? I know it's been said before, but oh, how quickly time passes. This summer was known for being the shortest summer ever, as school didn't get out until the end of June and we are starting school BEFORE Labor Day (first time ever!). While I will admit (also for the first time ever) that I am ready for the kids to be back in school (I am learning how much I like the quiet... the introvert in me is coming out more and more), I do think we got cheated out of our summer a bit. But.. it is what it is.. and today we start school.


I made a gluten free puffed pancake. I actually think I like the GF one better than the regular one. And a puffed pancake fresh out of the oven is one of my favorite things to behold. 

First day of school definitely counts as a "red plate" day! 

 The first day of school has always been a hard one for Matthew. After a long period of being together over summer, saying goodbye is not his favorite, and there has always been tears from him. I am so thankful for Matthew's growth in confidence and courage the past year, and I am so thankful that today there was excitement and NO tears (well, except from mom.. after I dropped him off!)!! 

He is getting so tall!!
Once again, one of his best friends is in class with him, and they both were so happy about that and were full of silliness this morning!
Ready to learn, ready to grow! So proud of this kid and how well he did today at drop off. Seriously.. all smiles, no tears. This is huge... and my heart is so happy!

Middle School. MIDDLE SCHOOL!! How can that be?? Evelyn was understandably a bit nervous this morning. A new school with a lot more kids, 6 teachers instead of one or two, and entering an age that is complicated and has challenges of its own. BUT.. she is ready and was excited to be heading to school this morning. I could not be more proud of my smart, beautiful and kind young lady!

My baby girl is growing up...
Walking to school with one of her besties made the start of the day less nervous. These two make me smile!
She is officially a Raider.. just like her momma!! I love that she is going to the same middle school that I went to. Lots of fun memories here for me, and I hope Evelyn makes some great memories here, too!

Both kiddos had a GREAT first day and had lots to talk about this afternoon. They both like their teachers and have strong groups of friends. I am so thankful and grateful for a good first day!

It's a whole new season for our family, with two kids in two different schools with two different schedules with different activities different nights of the week. We'll do what we need to do to make it all work, and I hoping it's their best years yet!

No comments: