Sunday, August 26, 2018

Last Hurrah

I honestly cannot believe school starts TOMORROW! This is the first year ever we've started school before Labor Day... Doug and I included! We made the most of our last weekend before the big day tho, and made some great memories!

Saturday night we headed to Portland International Raceway for "Saturday Night Drags", the weekly drag racing event. Both Evelyn and Matthew are REALLY into cars... fast cars in particular...and so this event is right up their alley! Doug and Matthew have been a few times before, but it was a first for our entire family together.









So.. this summer Doug and the kids built a gravity car.. cuz my husband is super talented and does crazy fun projects with the kiddos. :)  They have enjoyed it this summer and we took it to the middle school (where there are lots of hills) tonight for one final run before the big day tomorrow. It was a little chilly and misty but we had fun.





I have video as well, but blogger isn't letting me post them. I'll try again soon.

The kids went to bed, nervous and excited for what tomorrow (and the year) will bring!

Thankful for a fun last hurrah!

No comments: