Sunday, June 22, 2008

A birthday wish...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODY!!


Today is my best friend, Jody's birthday. She is going to kill me for both writing about and posting pics of her on my blog, but that's ok. I want to give her a shout out on her special day!

Why I love my friend....
  • She is an amazing nurse (we worked together for 10 years)
  • She is an amazing aunt (she LOVES her nieces and nephew with passion)
  • She is an amazing athlete (she's currently training for a marathon)
  • She bakes the best monster cookies EVER
  • She get excited over EVERY holiday
  • She is HILARIOUS! and can always put a smile on my face
  • She stood with me when I got married and looked great in her dress! :)
  • She stood by me when my dad died.. that was tough
  • She put up with me when I was pregnant!
  • She stood by me during some pretty "hard times" (she knows what I mean)
  • She is honest with me (even if it hurts) and lets me be honest with her
  • She listens to me (even when I am not making sense.. which is a lot!)
  • She loves chocolate.. I love her for that!
  • She is dependable
  • She makes time for me even if it means saying no to something more fun!
  • She likes me despite myself! I can totally be myself with her. That can be hard for me with friendships
  • She likes my husband (and he loves her, too!)
  • She loves my daughter. From the day she was born, Evelyn has been loved and cared for by Jody. I trust her completely with Evelyn (really, Jody, I do!) and Evelyn loves being with her. She has taught Evelyn about gardening and about soccer, and loves to play hard with her (Evelyn loves it when Jody will throw her as high as she can!) It is fun to see Evelyn's eyes light up when she sees "my Jody"!
  • She loves me. I don't doubt that, and I certainly don't deserve it.
Happy Birthday, Jody! You make the world a better place. Doug, Evelyn and I are better for having you in our life! We love you!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

What a great tribute to a really great friend! We all crave to have (and to be) a friend like that!

Courtney said...

Hi, Stephanie. This is Courtney, Jody's "future" sister-in-law. What a nice message about Jody! I love it. How sweet! I know she feels the same way about you!