Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Most embarrassing

I told my friend Jenni that if she shared her most embarrassing moment on her blog that I would share mine. Well, she did... so here it goes. 

Before I share I need to preface the story by stating that I have WAY too many moments I could share.. this one is just one of my better foot-in-my mouth moments. 

A LITTLE BACKGROUND..
This is Rob Marciano. He currently is a meteorologist for CNN in Atlanta. In 1997, he was the new head weather guy at KATU here in Portland. I was 27 and single. When I first saw him on TV, I was quite intrigues by this handsome man. You have to admit, he is pretty easy on the eyes. Let's just say I became a very faithful KATU news fan once I saw him! HA!

Lucky for me, my friend Jen from my bible study was a producer for KATU. She arranged for us girls to come down on Memorial Day that year to watch the show and get a tour. Lucky for me, Rob was going to be there! 

THE BIG DAY!
We had so much fun at the studio, hanging out with the staff and crew.... and yes, Rob. He was even more handsome in person, if that was possible. He was so funny, and very easy to talk to. I was enjoying hanging out with him, to say the least!

After the broadcast, we went onto the set to get some pictures with the crew. Rob specifically asked me to sit in his stool. I melted! (I know, I am pathetic). So, here's my embarrassing moment. I'm sitting there, him over my shoulder, and I see the clicker thing the weather guys use to change the screens on the air. And this pops out of my mouth...

"Rob, can I touch your wand?" (TOTALLY meaning the clicker, nothing more!)

OPEN MOUTH, INSERT FOOT! I couldn't believe what had just come out of my mouth! The moment I said it, I wanted to crawl in a hole... and die a slow, painful death.

But, oh, no.. it gets better. His response?

"Only if you're gentle!", he says with a wink and a big grin.

Seriously.. I was DYING!!! My face was as red as a tomato I'm sure. My friend Lori, who was sitting next to me and heard this wonderful exchange, was trying SO hard not to bust out laughing. The evening ended with Rob inviting us girls over for a BBQ, but thankfully we had other plans. I just wanted to get out of there and pray that he would forget what I said to him. Jen says he never mentioned it, so apparently I am the one left with the painfully funny (now anyway) memory of my moment with Rob Marciano.

There ya go, Jenni!

6 comments:

Jenni Clayville said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

That is SO awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

Melinda said...

I laughed so hard at this!! That took guts to share! You know what? The longer you are a parent, the more opportunities you will have to add to your list of embarrssing moments . . . especially ones pertaining to the wrong choie of words. The kids have amazing memories for these incidents, too.

Allison McKenney said...

You are a great story teller! I am still chuckling...if only the tape had been rolling - you could have wound up on one of those funniest tv moments shows! :)

Laura said...

Priceless Steph, just priceless! Thanks for sharing! :)

Katie said...

Thanks for the story! It was a great add to my day! I'm still laughing

aprilann said...

Ok Stephanie that was too funny!!! You made me laugh and I turned red along with you!

I finally figured out this blogging thing a little more. Thank's for commenting on my sight. It's been tough, but we are going to be ok.

Oh, by the way, I have SO MANY embarrassing moments they are too numerous to mention, but they usually involved me falling down not opening my mouth. That's pretty amazing because I do have a big mouth!

Enjoy your hubby and little one.

Love
april brenneman