Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Time flies...

My baby is 18 months old today! AAAAGGGHHHH!! Where has the time gone? I have had moments today where I was SO excited and thankful that she is growing and healthy. Then I countered those with moments of sadness that my "baby" isn't really a "baby" anymore.

Here she is one year ago today.. she was 15lbs and 27 inches long. She could sit up by herself for a very short period of time.. most of the time she needed one of us or the boppie to hold her up! Geez, she was so sweet and so cute with her crazy hair!



Here she is today.. not as willing to sit still and more able to run away from the camera! :) Today she was 23lbs and 35 inches long. As our wonderful pediatrician said, she is "tall, skinny, healthy and happy"! I'll take that!




  • She is growing into such a beautiful, sweet, funny girl who loves her kitty-kitty, her parents, and her "bookie bookie" (i.e. the park), her baby, and of course, her books!
  • I swear she learns a new word every day. Doug and I were counting and we think she has about 25 that she really says, 5-6 that aren't clear but we know what she means, and many sounds.
  • She has a memory that amazes me. That will come back to haunt me some day, I'm sure!
  • She loves to sing.. or at least be sung to (and she LOVES it when I sing and play the piano).
  • She is my climber and I am sure I will find her on top of the refrigerator any day now!
  • I love it that she knows we are praying and quietly watches us, but doesn't fold her hands or close her eyes until we say "amen", then she does it and smiles so big.
  • I love her kisses and snuggles and her laugh.. they make the worst day seem like it never happened!
I simply cannot imaging life without her.. she completes so many parts of me.

Evelyn Joy, you truly are my sunshine, and make me SO happy when skies are blue (and gray, and purple, etc). I hope you know, sweet pea, how much me and daddy love you.. may Jesus put sunshine in your heart every day!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Yes, the time does go quickly. I love that you are savoring it!