Friday, April 24, 2009

So THIS is why I've been feeling so yucky....

Its amazing how something so small can make you feel so sick!

Many of you know our struggles with getting pregnant, both with Evelyn and this time around... we are SO excited to announce that we are finally expecting again in December. We are SO thankful for this precious gift!

What's funny about this is that we got pregnant the month we were "taking off" from trying... because we really didn't want another December baby. Apparently we didn't do that well at all.. and we are just fine with another Christmas baby! We also found out we were pregnant less than a week after my appointment with the infertility people, who basically told me I was getting old and if I wanted to get pregnant I didn't have much time left. Apparently I'm not that old.. yet! :)

I wish I could say I am feeling super and enjoying every moment with this one... but I can't. I have been SO nauseous and SO tired.. it has been and is pretty brutal. I am praying that it subsides soon. My goal is to have a spirit of thankfulness despite how I feel... because I really am so so thankful!

At this point Evelyn has no clue as to what is going on.. which is fine. We're not hiding it from her, but she IS only 2 and doesn't understand. (Then again... she probably understands more than we give her credit for....) We will probably start slowly introducing the idea as my belly gets bigger.. or something. We've never done this before with her, so we'll just go with the flow!

So... the adventure begins! WoooHoooo!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Jenny from the Block said...

Oh Steph - I am so thrilled for you. The nurse at my doctor's office told me if you are really sick - that's a good sign (she may have been saying that because I felt so terrible and she wanted to make me feel better ... but I am choosing to believe it.

Congrats to everyone! xxoo Jen

Jos said...

wow - made me cry! soooo happy for you!! hope you start to feel better soon!

Stacey Clark said...

Wow....that is so great!!! I tried getting pregnant with Lucas for seven months and finally got pregnant the month we decided we weren't going to try anymore....God has His ways!!!! All the best to you and Doug and Evelyn :)

Jeremy and RaeAnn said...

Steph-

I am so happy for you! I have been thinking about you a lot lately and Jody often gives me updates. Hope the yuckiness goes away quickly. I am prego with baby girl #2 and due this August. Gracie caught on pretty quick and has named the baby "Lola." Cute but not what we are going to use. I will be praying that everything goes well and that you will feel better.

Laura said...

Steph..so happy for you..so feeling your sicky pain though. I want you to know that I will bring you anything you might want to eat or take Evelyn for you if there is a day that you just can't take anymore. Blessings to you...

Katie said...

I'm so excited for you all. I hope that you will start to feel better soon. Also if you need anything, or a dinner brought just call. Being sick when you have another child that needs you is the worst.

Jenni Clayville said...

YAY!!! congrats! I'm so excited for you.

Lemme know how I can help. I was JUST there, so I feel ya, girl!

Love you!

Julia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Steph, I am so excited for you... God is good and definitely has a sense of humor.

Allison McKenney said...

Congratulations again! I am BEYOND sorry that you feel nauseated...I'm praying for you!!!

aprilann said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You are blessed! I hope you are feeling better soon.
Love,
April

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Yay!!! Congrats!

We have two December babies as well. Bubbalu on the 13th and Lil Chick on the 9th. Whew! Let's just say our holidays will be JAM PACKED!