Thursday, October 15, 2009

33 Weeks...

... and counting down! I am so excited to be nearing the end of this journey, although I know it means the beginning of an entirely different yet equally exhausting one!

First of all, the baby is fine. I haven't had any more spotting since last month (they still don't know what was causing that.... weird!) The last ultrasound showed he was growing fine and looking good. Except he was breech. Not too excited about that, but my doc says most babies turn after 34 weeks and she is not worried. I actually think he turned a couple of days ago (yeah.. that didn't feel good!) .. we'll find out at my appointment next week. He is measuring small like his big sister, which is fine with me. I liked birthing a small baby! I am curious just how big he will be since I feel so huge this time around.

And yes, he is very much MALE!! The tech just laughed when she saw his "things". "No doubt you got a boy in there", she said! It was nice to have confirmation, since the first ultrasound "looked like" a boy but the tech didn't seem to sure. No tears this time either.. I am fully excited to have a son and look forward to the many joys having a boy will bring.

I am feeling about the same as I did the last time I updated on the pregnancy: large, clumsy, and tired.. oh, so tired! I am not sleeping well and its starting to take its toll on me. The last few days Evelyn has not napped, which has made it a bit more painful. I remember feeling this way when I was pregnant with Evelyn, but it certainly was not this early on. I just really need to get over myself, stop whining and keep chuggin' along!

We are busy getting things ready, getting out all the baby "stuff" and getting the nursery together. I get more excited as things come together!!

So... that's about all I have. 33 weeks down, who knows how many left to go!!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I can't believe you are already 33 weeks! So excited for you!! The end is coming! :) And you are going to have a blast with a boy. Dominic is all boy already at 10 months. I am so busy just keeping up with him, but it is sooo much fun!!