Saturday, October 31, 2009

Evelyn's FIRST Haircut

... wasn't the momentous moment I had hoped, with laughs and pictures of my big girl sitting in the chair getting her hair cut for the first time. Instead it was a tearful, wing-it moment, but we got thru it and got almost 3 inches cut off. The good thing is you really can't tell, AND her hair is SO much healthier now!

She has been excited about going to get her hair cut for a while, but we wanted to wait until summer swimming and fall swim lessons were over. I decided that Wednesday was the day. She was SO excited on the drive over there. She wanted to wear her halloween costume... which was fine. Well, we got there and she did a complete 180 and wanted NOTHING to do with sitting in the chair or getting her hair cut. She actually ran and tried to hide in the corner! I tried bribing her with M&Ms from the candy machine but even that didn't work. Thankfully Joanie, one of our favorite stylists there, was SO patient and accomidating. She ended up cutting Evelyns hair in the lobby while Evelyn stood in front of me with me reading her books. She was really amazing, and the cut is great!!

Here are the few not-so-great pics from the outing!


Tears.....


.. but cooperating as long as I was reading to her!

By the end she was letting Joanie cut and was standing still.

Finishing up, costume on and M&M's on her face!

Sadly I have no "after" pics.. she didn't want to have the camera on her the rest of the day. It doesn't look that different, but like I said, it looks healthier and is SO much easier to comb thru.

.... And that is the story of Evelyn's first haircut. Heehee!

No comments: