Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bracing for Impact!

That pretty much sums up our life right now as we await Matthew's arrival! As much as we are SO excited to meet him, we also know it is going to be a life-altering event for all of us. We have been busy getting the final things done to be "ready" (not that one can EVER be ready for this kind of thing....LOL) when its "time". The nursery is done (except for finding a rug for the floor), clothes are clean, the cupboards are mostly stocked with food. We're good.. right? :/

I am 37+ weeks now. I had a bad night of contractions on Thursday night, but as both Doug and I suspected, it was just "latent" or pre-labor. This is not our first rodeo with this kind of thing. I had nighttime contractions for an entire week with Evelyn... painful!... so I knew it proabably wasn't much. I've only had a few contractions since, and thankfully in the day time!! The little dude has dropped A LOT, tho.. which is good news. At least something is going on! I know he will come when he is ready. I, of course, have some preffered times I would like him to arrive, but I know it's out of my control. My biggest concern is that he will be late. His due date is exactly one week before Evelyn's birthday. I'd rather their birthdays be a little farther apart than that. I would like to start planning a party for Evelyn, but if he is late.. its gonna cut it close. Again.. it'll be what its gonna be... right? :/

How am I feeling? One word can some it up: "uncomfortable". In many ways. I am really trying hard not to whine.. I am really SO thankful for this little baby. But seriously, I cannot wait to be able to sleep, sit, walk, eat, ANYTHING.. without being uncomfortable! :) Thankfully all of this will be quickly forgotten when I see my son's sweet face!

There isn't a day that goes by that Evelyn doesn't say, "I am SO excited for my baby brother to come!", which I think is just precious. She truly is excited.. I hope that excitement continues after he really shows up! :)

That's about all I have... I am tired and my brain is mushy. Hopefully the next time I blog I will have pics of our little man!! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

abby said...

Great to see you girls today! Can't wait to have Matthew join us ;) Grant will love having a little buddy! xo