Monday, November 30, 2009

March 26th Seems like forever ago...

That's the day I got surprised by this:

.. and what a AWESOME surprise that was!!

39 weeks and 3 days ago I found out I was pregnant! There are days when it seemed like December would ever get here, then there were days when I wished I could just stop time and enjoy each moment just a little more. But everyday I was so thankful and excited to meet this little child!

So, Matthew is almost here. I wish he was here already. First off, I just want to see his little face and welcome into this world with lots of love. Secondly, I have not particularly enjoyed the past couple of weeks, and the rate its going, I might have another week left to go. I have been having contractions off and on.. and they are getting stronger... but nothing consistent or anything that I am getting excited about. It's also getting more and more difficult getting around, up and down stairs, out of bed, etc. I am glad it will be over soon!

At my last appointment I was just slightly dilated and slightly effaced, nothing to indicate anything was gonna happen soon. BOO! She also informed me that she thinks he is about 8 pounds. 8 POUNDS!!! AHHHHHHH!!! That is TOO big!! I so enjoyed birthing a small child last time.. I am actually a bit frightened about pushing out this big boy! OUCH!! I am hoping she is just a bit off and he is smaller than that! On a positive note, he still is head down and hasn't flipped back to breech... that would NOT be good!

I am trying to keep up with house things so I don't have to come home to laundry, dishes, etc. I usually don't mind cleaning... but now I would LOVE to have a housekeeper, cook, etc (picture Alice from this Brady Bunch... I wonder how much she charged?). Evelyn and I have enjoyed playing Candyland and other activities that aren't so hard on me. She has been quite considerate of my limitations.. I heart her!!

Evelyn, tho, has been a bit more clingy lately.. I am sure she is sensing a "disturbance in the force" if you will. We talked with her last night about me being gone for a little while when I have her brother and that I will come back. She was very matter of fact about it and was quite agreeable. Me, on the other hand... I couldn't stop crying. I wanted to be strong for her.. but no, I was a teary mess. I am NOT looking forward to being away from her.. that is probably the only negative thing about Matthew's arrival! I wish she could come visit me... but I am just holding on to how sweet it will be when I DO come home and get to see her and introduce her to her brother!

So.. really, overall I am doing fine. Hangin' in there. Not much else I can do about it! :) God has been SO good to us these past 9 months, carried us and blessed us beyond measure. We trust that He has Matthew, me and all of us in His hands and will hold us close during this time.

Hoping to have a smaller tummy and sweet baby photos in my next post!!

1 comment:

abby said...

Wahoo!! This makes me soooo excited to meet Mr. Matthew ;) Can't wait to hold that sweet baby boy! Go Momma, you can do it! xo