Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Quick Christmas Tree Hunt...

I really wanted to get our Christmas tree and get the house decorated before Matthew gets here. I can't imagine trying to do it with a newborn! So my goal for Thanksgiving weekend was to do just that. Thankfully I didn't go into labor beforehand and we "got 'er done!"

Last year we took our sweet time at the farm and enjoyed all it had to offer. This year, with me being SO large and just wanting to, as I said, "get 'er done", we knew we were going to make it a quick trip and hoped that Evelyn wouldn't be upset about it.

Well, about 5 minutes after we piled out of the truck and got our boots on to go tree hunting, Evelyn totally face-planted onto the muddy, rocky road. Poor thing! She was fine, only scraping her knees and hands up a bit, but she was SO upset. It took a while to calm her down, but she finally was ready to go look for a tree. We knew at that point our quick trip wouldn't be an issue with her!

We love Hagg's Tree farm, and as usual, found our tree pretty quickly. Doug and the "Chainsaw Guy" as Evelyn calls him, chopped it down and off we went. (FYI... Evelyn doesn't like the sound of large power tools... it scares her. Of course, she can be yelling at the top of her lungs and not understand why we don't like that! Sheesh!)

Here are some of the very few pictures I took!



Love this place!!

Evelyn hiking up the big hill with daddy!

I SO love her!! Isn't she the cutest?
Evelyn and Doug on the hunt!
The obligatory tree marker! ;)

We made it to the farm and back within 2 hours.. a record for us, I think! Our tree is up and looks beautiful, the house is decorated (just a little.. I don't want to have to put a shload of stuff away later with Matthew around!), and I am ready for Peppermint Mocha's and Christmas music!! WOOHOO!

MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON!!

No comments: