Thursday, November 26, 2009

"I got TWO bottles!!" : Thanksgiving 2009

That's what Evelyn just told me when I went to "re-tuck" her into bed (she was singing to herself and sometimes has to be reminded when its time to settle down and go to sleep!). She is exhausted but still a bit amped after a very busy but fun Thanksgiving day.

We first headed to Doug's aunt Mary's to spend time with his family, and to have a birthday celebration for Evelyn. It has become a tradition that will probably be had for BOTH our kids, since it can be hard to get the whole family together this time of year besides today and Christmas.

Evelyn had SO much fun playing with her cousins. In years past she has either been too timid to be in the basement with them by herself (the boys usually set up trains or other toys in the basement to get away from us adults..heehee) or just has been attached to Doug or myself. Today, tho, she was downstairs laughing and playing trains with the boys and enjoyed every minute of it! (Of course, these pics are with Doug and his dad with the kids in the basement, but I promise most of the time she was by herself with the cousins!!)


After a lovely dinner (we tried to eat just a small portion since we were going to be eating again.. that is HARD to do!) and relaxing for a bit, it was time for presents and singing. My in-laws got her some baby doll accessories and a Grandma made her a mini-diaper bag to match the one she made me for Matthew. The two bottles were apparently the bomb, hence the comment in the title of the post!My sister-in-law's sister Erika reading the book she got for Evelyn. Its a cute book.

TWO BOTTLES!! And the mini-diaper bag looks just like the one my mom-in-law made for me... LOVE IT!

Then it was time for the birthday "pie". Here is the video of the Morris family singing the birthday song to my sweet pea.. it brings me to tears every time they sing it!



We then left Mary's and went to my mom's and ate another amazing meal there. My mom's husband's sister is in town from Florida, so it was fun to visit with her as well as my sister and family. Evelyn got more cousin time with Cole and Regan. She loves them so much.. as do we! "Grandpa Doug" (mom's husband) was the favorite for the kids tonight.. he ran them hard, played magic tricks and made them laugh hysterically. He is terrific!

Louise (L) and Mom prepping the meal...


Cole and Evelyn were so active I seriously couldn't get a decent pic.. but here they are with Grandpa Doug!

My niece Regan... look at those curls!! Love her!

ALthough it was a rather crazy day, we enjoyed every minute of it! So tonight we are SO full.. in so many ways!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: