Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Sweet Pea...

Since Matthew came home there have been big changes in Evelyn's world, and she for the most part has weathered them beautifully!!

She loves her brother SO much.. it really just melts my heart how tender she is with him. NO ONE.. and I mean no one... can get him to laugh and smile as much as she does! She loves to pick out his outfits, help wash his hair in the bath, play with him, and is always willing to help me with other baby related things. No complaining if it involves her brother.. she is on it with a happy heart. For that I am so thankful!!

Since I am nursing Matthew (which I am SO grateful to be able to do since Evelyn and I never got it figured out) there are many times during the day that I am unavailable to do much with her except maybe read a book while I nurse him (although he is easily distracted while eating, especially if he hears her voice, so even that doesn't happen too often). She has always been a pretty good independent player, but she has really raised the bar since Matthew has been here and has learned to entertain herself more than ever. As much as I miss time with her, I see her imagination and creativity blooming as she plays be herself, which I think is wonderful.

She is getting SO big and learning so much at such a fast pace. She is hilarious, loves to be silly, and makes us laugh all the time. She is reading and spelling, and just this week started to get the concept of simple math.. she makes Doug and I so proud. She has a better vocabulary and talks better than most 4 or 5 year olds (we don't say this just to say it.. other people have commented on her advanced verbal skills) and loves to ask questions and learn about things. Reading is still one of her favorite things to do. She likes her princess books, but most of the time she will pick the Bible as the book she wants to read, which we love. Doug is better than me at explaining Bible truths on her level, and I pray she keeps craving God's word and learning about Him. She still loves to play with her toys, too... princesses are the bomb right now.. but as I said above, she makes up great plots and stories as she plays.. it is so great. She also loves to sing and dance, and is SO excited to start ballet lessons in a few weeks.

We have had some behavior issues... totally developmental for her age.. and are working thru those. Surprisingly, tho, both Doug and I think her behavior has improved some since Matthew was born!! And... she has been sleeping SO great for the most part.. which is HUGE!! There have been some behavior that when we got to the bottom of it, she will admit that basically she misses spending time with me, and acted out for attention. That breaks my heart, but I also know it is pretty normal. I am praying that the times we DO have to spend together just her and I can be special times.

Here are some recent pics of my sweet girl... she really isn't into picture taking these days and will usually get a cheesy grin on her face!




I love you, Evie Joy!!

No comments: