Sunday, May 30, 2010

Um.... I guess its time for an update

I am going to blame my lack of blogging on my son.. is that wrong?

Seriously, tho.. the boy-who-slept-9-hours-at-night-since-he-was-8-weeks-old has been pulling an Evelyn (great.. now I am blaming her, too.. apparently no "mom of the year for me" award for me!) and NOT sleeping for the past 3 weeks. Like, only napping 30-60 minutes once during the day and then up every 2.5-3 hours at night. It has been pretty brutal to say the least. I am realizing in my old age, and the fact that I now have two littles, that I do NOT do well when I don't get sleep. My sweet, kind and patient husband will certainly testify to that these days.

I am not sure what his deal is. Is he growing? Am I not producing enough milk? Teeth? Mad about being swaddled (although right now he is asleep and NOT swaddled.. first time.. hope he does ok!)? Mommy is really wearing thin and needs to get this figured out!! I have some ideas that we are implementing and hopefully they will produce longer stretches of sleep.

On a positive note, he is SO SO SO cute and I am SO in love with my little man! He is such a happy baby. He smiles and laughs all the time. He likes to be moving.. either in his jumperoo or exersaucer, and especially just being carried around. He is almost sitting.. still a bit wobbly but getting there. He started saying "da-da" early last week and truly knows what that means. Doug will walk in the room and I will say "where's da-da?" and he will look right at Doug and say "da-da". SO cute. Since he isn't a pacifier baby per his choice, he likes to put everything else in his mouth, much to my delight.. NOT! We are enjoying every moment with him and love him to bits!

ANYHOOO.... here are some pics of my sweet son... enjoy!


He loves to chew on clothes... especially daddy's shirt!


Daddy showing him the finer things.. Hot Rod Magazine! I LOVE this picture..

Well, hi there!!

Matthew LOVES his kitty!! Sam has been so great with him, too... he comes around way more than he did when Evelyn was a baby.

Look mommy!

Matthew was dedicated at on Mother's Day. It was very special.

Attempting to get a family photo.. .

There you have it. An update on the boy... and if you look at my blog, you will see other new posts, even one post dated back to Easter. Its a miracle!!

I am hoping that June brings more sleep, and more blogging!

No comments: