Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tiny Dancer

Evelyn had her very first ballet class today. She has been SO excited about it since we signed up for it back in April. She picked her outfit last night and actually let me do her hair in a "ballerina bun"!

We first stopped off at Jody's. Today is her birthday and we wanted to get her gift to her and see her. Evelyn was so proud of her outfit and hair! (For my happy birthday tribute to Jody from a couple of years ago, go here. Not much has changed about how I feel about her! We love you Jody!!)

My happy Girl

Class getting ready to start. Evelyn had no problem leaving my side and heading out the floor!


This is my favorite picture of the day... she's the one in the middle, by the way!


The end of class is just "free dancing". Evelyn got her scarves and was ready for the music!





She did SO well, listened and followed direction and for the most part participated the entire time. This is the first non-parent participation class she has taken, so I wasn't sure what to expect from her. She LOVED it and did great. We'll see how it goes next week when NO parents are allowed in the classroom (just the first and last class, and if the child really needs them, of course!). I bet she'll do super.

Until then, we will be practicing on a daily basis... according to my tiny dancer anyway!!

1 comment:

abby said...

Okay, that's adorable, maybe girls aren't so scary after all :) Miss you guys, glad she's feeling better! xo