Friday, July 30, 2010

Pink Helmet Moments

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverence." James 1:2,3

July 30th, 2007

Three years ago today my sweet Evelyn Joy got her pretty pink helmet. It was an ordeal that we were not planning on nor thrilled about, but one that was certainly worth it!

At the beginning of the process, Evelyn did NOT like the helmet. She would just cry and cry when it was on. It was painful. We were just crushed, but new we had to just get thru it. And we did. In the end our baby girl was no worse for the wear, nor were we. Our friend Janet called this time a "Pink Helmet Moment". She wisely told us that there would be other "Pink Helmet Moments" that would try our patience and be difficult, and to remember this "victory" to help up thru other times. Those words have stuck with me.

We indeed have endured and still endure other trying times with Evelyn that indeed test us. Somedays I feel like I fail more than I succeed in getting thru those times. But I am thankful that I serve a God who is gracious and patient with me. HE perseveres on my behalf, and for that I am so thankful!

My sweet Evelyn Joy has a perfect little head. I have a perfect God. Amen!

Here's to many more Pink Helmet moments to come.... ;)

1 comment:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

So glad you were able to get her helmet in time and get a great result!