Sunday, January 16, 2011

I caved....

I have been trying to find the "right" time to finish weaning Matthew. He has only nursed at bedtime and in the morning for about 4 weeks now and I think both of us are ready to be done. Since the holidays were crazy, and then my sister was staying with us last week, I wanted to wait until things settled back to normal. He has been sleeping until 6 or so anyway, so I decided to go ahead and drop the morning feed first.

That was yesterday morning. Man.. he was off all day. Didn't eat much at all (which is SO unlike him), was uber clingy to me, and just fussy a lot. Since he kinda did this when I first started weaning him, I just kinda let him fuss and just loved on him as much as I could. He nursed last night.. but really didn't seem interested in it, and went to bed. My plan was to NOT nurse him no matter when he woke up.

He woke up at 2:30. AM.

Doug said he would go and try to get him back to sleep or give him a snack (I heart him!). Well.. Matthew wanted NOTHING to do with Daddy. He just got louder. And louder. Sobbing and screaming. Completely inconsolable. It was gut wrenching. And I was tired. And I am a sucker.

So I caved. I nursed him. Of course, he knew he had won and almost chuckled with delight as I took him to "our spot" on the couch. Stinker.

Hoping he sleeps until a reasonable hour tomorrow.

This might be harder than I thought..... *sigh*

Good thing he's so cute!

1 comment:

abby said...

Ugh, sooo hard! You're a great momma!! xo