Monday, January 17, 2011

Another Last "First".. the Haircut!

Evelyn, with her beautiful brown locks (that I intend to keep long for as long as I can!), doesn't need hair cuts often. She has had three in her life (and let's just not go there! If you must, tho, click here and here). I know Matthew will need more than her for sure. I have actually wanted to get his hair cut for a while, but decided to wait until he was one (you're welcome, Jody! heehee).

I am thankful to have my friend Sallee (who I have known since Jr. High) cut/color my hair at my house. I love it.. makes it so much easier to manage the kids! Anyways, she was more than happy to give Matthew his very first cut. I thought I would be more nervous, Sallee was worried I would cry. But really, it was fine. He did SO SO good and looks SO SO cute!

We had him sit in Evelyn's booster seat (which he LOVES to take off the chair, put on the floor, and sit in!) on the dining room table. It worked perfect!

Holding still like a good boy.. but not too sure about what was going on!

Sallee's scissor/razor container (which was empty) kept him entertained while she cut!

Sallee loves babies..and Matthew is no exception!

All done!

So.. this was him before the haircut:
And after:


He is just too cute for words! He's probably wondering what all the fuss is about, cuz we all (Evelyn included) keep telling him how cute he is and what a good boy he is! But really.. isn't he just so handsome? Ok.. I AM a bit bias.. but oh, my!!

Another last "first" out of the way. Thankfully there are still more to come!! Love my boy!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Oh my, he is so darn cute! And, I hate to say it, but he looks like SUCH a big boy! WAH!!!