Thursday, January 27, 2011

I should have posted this last week..

But just haven't had time. Matthew is walking everywhere and into everything. I can't leave him unattended for a moment. I love it... he is just so much fun.. but it is certainly time consuming! Therefore computer time is less these days!!

Anyways, my dad's birthday was last week. January 2oth. He would have been 70.

I usually don't have too hard of a time on his birthday, but this year was tough. I think because of the Ducks doing so well this year and wishing SO much he was hear to enjoy it AND that the Championship game was only 10 days before his birthday probably had something to do with it.

Anyways... I was a teary mess that day. Missing him something awful. I had left a message for my older sister just letting her know that I was thinking about her and I just lost it. I tried to pull it together to not let Evelyn see me but she did.

E: "Why are you crying momma?"

Me: "Well, today is Grandpa in Heaven's (that what she calls him) birthday. I miss him a lot and I am a little bit sad."

E: "Are Aunt Michelle and Aunt LoLo sad, too?"

Me: " Yes, sweetie, they are sad, too."

E (in a VERY mom-like tone): "Well, you and Aunt LoLo and Aunt Michelle just quit your fussing. Your daddy is in heaven and you are going to see him again someday. It's all gonna be okay, momma!"

Lately we have been really working on Evelyn not fussing and whining so much. It has become a big issue and to be honest driving me batty! Anyways.. apparently she turned it around and put me in my place, eh? Sheesh!!

It is true, though... we will see him again. I can't wait.

Happy Birthday, Daddy. You are loved and missed beyond words.

Every Day....

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Right there with you. Evelyn is so darn cute, I love that she told you what's up. And she was RIGHT! :)