Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am glad I went into nursing...

.. because I would have FAILED at beauty school!

Both Doug and I LOVE Evelyn's long hair.. it is healthy and beautiful. The only problem is that it gets knotted up pretty easily, due to her hands in it (usually during a meal!) or just her ratting around in her sleep. Other than that, it is something that we cherish.

Evelyn's hair has only been trimmed once in her life, last October. Just about one inch off, at Great Clips, which she really did NOT like (look in the October archive to see that post). Since then she has talked about another trim.. and that she wanted ME to do it. Sure I thought.. how hard could it be? We had talked about it yesterday and she said today was the day.

Well.. let's just say it was an EPIC FAIL!!

First of all, she was squirmmy, as usual. Second of all, I grabbed the not-so-sharp scissors. Third, and most important.. I really CANNOT cut a straight line. Period.

I also apparently am not a good judge on what "trim" means. From the first snip I knew I was in trouble. But I was committed, right? I should have just put down the scissors and stepped away. But NO... I kept going. And before long I just wanted to cry at the amount of hair that was on the floor.

Her pretty hair in the trash... *sigh*...


Totally uneven... splendid!

The back was worse!

Thankfully Evelyn said she LOVED it when I was "done". I didn't share her sentiments. It didn't look horrible.. but it wasn't long anymore and certainly was not even! I immediately ran to call my hairdresser and good friend Sallee to see if she could come and repair the damage. Thankfully she was able to come over this afternoon and give Evelyn a "real" haircut. Ev got to sit in her booster seat, ON the counter! AND Sallee brought a Cinderella dress up dress for Evelyn, too. She has SO much fun! Thank you Sallee.. you are the BEST!

She looks SO grown up!

Twirling to show me her "pretty" hair!

She is beautiful, don't ya think?

It was super hard to get her out of this get-up!!


It looks SO cute, even if it isn't long anymore. I know it will grow back if I want it to.. but I think the shoulder length could grow on me!!

No matter what length her hair is, one thing is certain: my hair cutting days are OVER!!

4 comments:

Tony, Amy, Brady and Kayley said...

Ahhhh....she is a beauty!

Laura said...

Love it - she's adorable..looks a little sassy too :)

Carrie Kisling said...

I love her hair! She looks so pretty! :)

Melinda said...

The costume dress is a great idea! So, will your friend continue to do house calls for her?