Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Top 'O the Day to Ya!! We went all out here at the Morris house today to celebrate our Irishness! ;)

It actually started yesterday, with Evelyn's friend Juliet coming over to play and make "green cookies" as they called them (they were sugar cookies with green frosting). They had lots of fun!



Moving on to today... but first, a flashback:

Here is Evelyn March 17th 2007.
Our friend Donna got this for her in Ireland!
See how huge that outfit on her?

This is Matthew today in the same outfit (remember they are almost exactly 3 year apart):
Um.... can we say BIG BOY? I put the onesie on him and couldn't even snap it! Crazy! SO SO Cute, but crazy!!

I tried to get some shots of them together, but trying to get a good picture of Evelyn lately is near to impossible! AND today, she said she didn't want to wear green. She, of course, wanted to wear pink. Whatever... I'm not really gonna fight that battle! I promise I didn't pinch her!


Evelyn wanted to try on the hat.. and guess what? It still fit. And looked pretty cute I might add!!


I decided to make a traditional St. Patty's meal and made Corned Beef and Cabbage for the VERY first time today. I had never eaten it, either, so I hoped it would be okay. I put potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the crock pot.. you just can't see them in the picture. I added the cabbage for the last hour or so of cooking. It IMMEDIATELY took me back to my childhood. My Grandma Bramer used to make cabbage quite a bit.. that smell is one you don't forget. I never had to eat it as a kid.. and I had never eaten it as an adult either.

It sure smelled yummy in the crock pot.. and it tasted SO good!! We were happy that Doug's aunt Mary could join us, too... we love hanging out with her! Evelyn even liked the corned beef! SUCCESS!

We also had green jello on the side (I forgot to get a picture of that!) For desert, Evelyn and I made chocolate chip and green M&M cookies. They were good, too!


I really enjoyed today!!

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

1 comment:

Casey, Teissa, Izaac and Bella said...

Good job Steph!!! Way to get into the holiday spirit :) Your kids are ADORABLE!