Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life with Matthew...

is absolute WONDERFUL!!

I can't believe it has been 12 weeks since we brought our sweet baby home! He is such a delight.. we love him so much already!

He is HUGE! He is already wearing some 6 months clothes and growing out of the carseat quickly! He is tall, just like his sister. At his 2 month appointment he weighed 13lbs. Evelyn didn't way 13 pounds until she was almost 5 months old, so I think height is the only thing they will have in common in terms of their size! :) I forget sometimes that he is still so young.. he looks so much bigger!! I am curious to see how much he weighs at his 4 month doctor appointment.

He EATS! I am thankful to be able to nurse him.. it never worked out with Evelyn due to a lot of factors. I have discovered that it is certainly a labor of love, tho. It takes time and effort, way more than bottle feeding, and you have to plan around feedings very carefully! I am still, as I call it, "Rated R" when it comes to nursing. I don't like to nurse him in public AT ALL.. I probably will need to get over that if I want to reclaim time or get Evelyn into any activities this year... but I will deal with that when I have to. I prayed for this.. to be able to nurse... so I am going to be thankful for this opportunity and enjoy it this year!

He SLEEPS!! Oh my... it is heavenly! After having Evelyn, who still isn't the best sleeper, it woudn't have taken much to get better sleep. But God has blessed us with a kid who already sleeps 8 hours at night sometimes! 8 hours!! Do you know how awesome that is?? He is still doing the "eat-awake-sleep" thing during the day, but has established one long nap in the middle of the day... the same time Evelyn naps! AMAZING!! I am working on getting his bedtime earlier than 10:30pm, but I do enjoy one on one time with him after Evelyn goes to bed. He is a night owl like his daddy and is usually happy and chatty in the evening. Of course, not much else gets done in the evening but that's okay.. I love that time with him!

He is HAPPY! He is so content... pretty much all the time. He fusses when he is hungry, tired, or bored. That's pretty much it. He is SO smily and loves to coo and "growl" as we call it. Especailly with his daddy. He talks more with him than me. I love watching him with Doug.. they already have a special bond. He likes to held, but doesn't mind being put down in his bouncy or his floor gym. He is very observant like his sister was (and still is) and looks around at everything with a curious look on his face, taking it all in. He is a snuggler, too.. I LOVE THAT!! Evelyn wasn't a snuggly kid as a baby (she is now, tho), but Matthew loves to be held close and loved on. Its so precious.. I will miss that when he outgrows it!

He LOVES his sister! Oh, my... if you need him to get happy just have Evelyn come talk to him. He lights up when he sees her and she starts talking or singing to him. He thinks she is the coolest thing ever and she thinks he is pretty cool, too. Doug and I are going to enjoy their blissful relationship while it lasts! :)

Evelyn is really such a good big sister. She has had a lot of adjusting to do and has done well for the most part. There are the "I don't want you to feed/hold/change/bathe Matthew, I want you to play with me!" moments but they are few. She loves her brother SO much and thinks it's neat that he likes her so much, too.

OK... this is getting long and wordy. I need to start doing shorter blogs. I know you just want to see pictures, so here ya go...



New Years Day.. GO DUCKS!!


Mommy and her kids... a silly shot!

What you don't see in this photo is when Evelyn pretty much chucked the poor baby off her lap when she was "done"! Thankfully Jody caught time before his head hit the floor... well, it touched the floor... okay... he hit the floor, but Jody did catch him right as he did! Yikes! I am sure this won't be the last "head injury"!

He started smiling the 2nd week of January!!

Chubba Bubba!

The ones I love!

No head injury this time! ;)

My big boy.. look at that belly!

Evelyn introducing Matthew to Tinkerbell

Out enjoying the sunshine!
Evelyn reading to her brother. So sweet! Yes... that is a pink swing!

Tummy Time!


WE LOVE HIM!

No comments: