Friday, March 18, 2011

"Happy Shamrock Cookie Day!"

That's what Evelyn said to me when she woke up yesterday morning. She is way more into St. Patty's Day this year than she was last year.

We made shamrock cookies on the 16th. I didn't want to make a huge batch. I should have just halved my friend Allison's awesome cookie recipe, but went with a generic Betty Crocker small batch one. Bad idea. They were fine, but not the same for sure. Note to self.... ;)

She loved cutting out the cookies!


My sister and her sweet kids came over yesterday to frost them. My nephew Cole boycotted the whole event and just played with Matthew in the living room. Evelyn and Regan, tho, had a fun time decorating all by themsleves!!



Evie's creations

So.. apparently Regan (2) just wanted to frost the cookies, then lick the frosting off with her fingers. Too funny!

My sweet girl....

..who still managed to find a way to wear pink!

This is the only one I have of Matthew... sigh...
He was being monkey and wouldn't sit still, then my camera battery died. So there ya go...
He did look cute in his shirt tho.

I didn't do my corned beef and cabbage this year. We had Bible study last night and Doug worked up until that time, so there was no need for a big meal. Kinda sad.. but I can make it next week if I feel like it.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments: