Friday, March 9, 2012

181 Days

That's how many days until Evelyn starts Kindergarten.

Yep, I counted.

Yep. I have tears as I write this. Happy tears, some sad tears, too!

Last night was Kindy Orientation at the school she will be attending. I have to admit I was a bit anxious about it. For many reasons that I won't go into right now. But overall I was very pleased with the information we received last night and am excited for Evelyn to begin this new chapter in her life.

She was really excited about the evening, especially since it was just her, Doug and I. Matthew stayed with a sitter. She sat on Doug's lap so she could see better and listened intently as different members of the staff gave presentations. A lot of the other kids were running around being a bit disruptive. After wards, she wanted to meet all the teachers and although shy, warmed up towards the end of our visit. We were proud of her. We know she is ready!

The event was in the library, and if you know my sweet girl, you know she LOVES books. Her and Doug read a few before we left! :)

Never to big to be daddy's little girl!!

181 days. I am planning on making the most of them!!

No comments: