Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Fun 2012

What a (super busy but) fun-filled day we had yesterday! I have to admit, I really am not a fan of this 'holiday'. AT ALL. But the kids get excited about it and somehow manage to suck me in. It was a bit hard to get up and get going this morning, let me tell ya.. but I am thankful for the Halloween that we had (and that it's done until next year!)

On Tuesday, the kids and I made cookies to take to Doug's work Halloween day. In the past I have let them each decorate a couple and then I do the rest. This year I let them decorate all of them. Other than having to send them to re-wash their hands multiple times (they are great taste-testers...haha) and having to explain to them more than once why 20 candy corns on ONE cookie probably is too many, they did great!

 My sweet helpers

Halloween morning we got dressed and headed to see daddy and his workmates. Matthew wanted nothing to do with putting on his costume. It took telling him he would get NO candy and NO cookies if he didn't to convince him to put it on. Once he got in it, he did great. Phew...

 They love their daddy!

 They  love drawing on the "big board" at his office too!

We got home, ate a quick lunch, then Evelyn and I headed to school. Her class took their first field trip.. to an apple orchard... and I got to go help. It was so fun!

 Evelyn and her "field trip buddy" Alissa on the bus. . She's a Beaver fan.. but I still like her! HA!

 Enjoying the wet, rainy, and windy hayride. 

 Jumping in the "Apple Bouncy House!"

 We attempted to get a good class picture.. not sure if we succeeded or not.. HA!

The afternoon went by quickly and then it was time to head out trick or treating. Matthew was SO excited.. about going AND seeing kids come to the door. "More trick-or-treaters!!!!" He would squeal when the doorbell would ring. His enjoyment of the evening was so fun to see!

 Think they are related? 

 Blurry but still cute.. heading out!

 The kids with our sweet babysitter (and neighbor), Sarah

 Out and about... Doug said they were very polite and could have stayed out a lot longer than they did!

 Inspecting the loot. (well.. Matthew is already taste testing..heehee)



Watching for more kids before they had to go to bed

My and my sweets (Matthew had already taken off his chicken suit)

Despite being a bit sugared up, both kids went to bed fairly well and were asleep quickly. Here's to another Halloween in the books!!

No comments: