Friday, March 1, 2013

Agoraphoria

 I don't like crowds. They really have the ability to stress me out, especially with kids. Because of that I think my kids have missed out on certain things because I just didn't want to deal with the crowds. I am really trying to work through this issue as the kids get bigger.. but it can be hard!!

Our church puts on a Family "FUN" night once or twice a year. There is food, inflatables, face painting, a feature "show" (this year it was a juggler), etc. I have helped at this event and Evelyn went when she was a baby, but that's it. I just didn't want the stress of the crowds, germs, and the possibility of my kids getting hurt. True story. 

This year I was brave and not only took my kids, but one of Evelyn's friends from school as well.. by myself (Doug was running sound/tech for the juggler show)!! Talk about jumping in with both feet! And although there were several times I wished I had brought some sort of "adult" beverage to help me out..haha... we ALL had a great time! Thankfully Doug had time before the juggler show to play with us and tag team with me. 

My kids were maniacs on the inflatables! Matthew had no fear. He LOVED the big inflatable slide and went down in over and over again. By the end he was jumping up to catch some air before he went down! Evelyn and Minley had fun racing each other and racing other friends who were there on the "obstacle course" inflatable. The plan was to go to the juggler show, but all three of the kids wanted to stay and play on the inflatables instead.
 

He was so proud of himself... big boy!


Evelyn catching some air!

Fun with friends!

They really do love each other!


Evelyn and Minley after getting their faces painted... pretty girls!

Matthew trying to escape from the plasma car area... he had fun going "super fast" around the "track"!

A fun evening, indeed. Crowds and all!

No comments: