Thursday, June 5, 2014

AWANA Camp Fun

I want to say that Evelyn and I had the BEST weekend at AWANA camp last weekend, but if I am being honest, I would have to say we had a great time, but there were some really not so great moments as well. Overall, though, it was good time spent with my sweet girl!

I took Heidi and Evelyn to DQ to get a milkshake for the hour-long ride to Trout Creek Bible Camp. They were super excited and we had fun trip over. singing and being silly. I love these two!


Cabin mates, Alexis, Evelyn and Heidi



Night time is play time!

So after we played and had our group teaching time, it was time to head back to the cabin to settle down for bed. It was probably 10pm when we got back to our cabin and the girls were hyper and playing around. There are a lot of details surrounding what happened , but to keep it short and sweet,  Evelyn basically fell off one of the top bunks in the cabin. It was one of the most scariest screams she has ever let out, and one of the most scariest moments I have had as her mom. The look of pain and terror on her face was one I don't ever want to see again. All she could say was that her back hurt and she could not stop shaking. I really had to get out of "mom mode" and go into "nurse mode" for a while to determine if she was okay or if we needed to get her some medical attention. After a full once-over, I was pretty sure she was okay, but she was still a mess and at one point wanted "just go home". She finally calmed down about 30-45 minutes after the fall and we decided to stay. Needless to say I didn't sleep much at all. It was really traumatic for both of us. 

Thankfully she woke up sore but feeling okay. She seemed no worse for the wear and we had a great rest of the day.

Being silly on our morning walk


I think she is a beauty!



Exploring the treehouse... one of our favorite things to do!
9
Friends for life (I hope!)


Camp is a time to be super silly!!

So excited to head to the pool!!

That's my girl... first one on the tube slide!!


Diving board fun! I knew she was fine seeing her be so crazy in the water!
 Evelyn was in the pool ALL morning, and it was a little hard keeping her awake on the ride home that afternoon, and she slept 13 hours that night. She was so tired! I did end up taking her to the doctor, mainly for an infected bug bite, but I did have her back looked at too. She is still bruised and looks a little beaten up, but other than having some sore muscles, she is back to her old self.

So... it was a good weekend with some not so good moments. I am thankful for God's protection over my sweet girl and some good time that we could have just the two of us. Despite all that happened, she still is excited to go back next year! That's my girl!!

No comments: