Monday, June 16, 2014

Recital Time!

 Since Evelyn started ballet in January, I have to admit I have wondered  if she really had "it" to do well in dance. After all, she is not that flexible and would prefer to just dance around like a crazy monkey. But she REALLY wanted to do it, and I am SO glad she did. Since parents are not allowed into class I really haven't seem much of her dancing, except what she has shown me at home (which hasn't been much). The girls have been working SO hard for the recital that was last weekend and Rodney their instructor has been saying how great the girls are doing, so I was excited to see it for sure.

Dress rehearsal was last Wednesday. That meant full makeup and hair. Which if you know me, you know I have limited skills in both departments on my own person, let along on a SEVEN year old!! Sheesh!! But... I did the best I could with a bun holder and my own makeup and got her to rehearsal. Evelyn  WAS so excited to put on her costume... they danced to "Swan Lake" and they had very beautiful costumes. After getting her put together at the theater, I asked Rodney how I did on hair and makeup. With a smile (I warned him of my lack of skill!) he said I did great but then asked if he could " do a little more". Sure I said..he does this WAY more than I! After working his magic, she was all smiles and ready to go!


Waiting patiently for her class' rehearsal

They had their pictures taken while waiting, too.. I grabbed this with my camera. She looked so pretty!

Finally they got on stage and Rodney did his thing!




As I watched them dance their routine, I couldn't help but get teared up watching her. Oh my.. she seriously knew the routine perfectly and performed beautifully. I was happily surprised to see how lovely, graceful and skilled she was... yes, I may be bias but really, she was so beautiful out there! I am so proud of how hard she has worked (really unbeknownst to me...)!

Her class...

The recital was Saturday. I am glad I had time to practice hair and makeup beforehand... it went much better for the actual performance.

Warming up before changing...

All ready!

Maggie, Evelyn and Nia... two of many nice girls we have met in class.

While I was getting Evelyn ready and settled, Doug and Matthew waited in line with Doug's folk. My mom and her Doug came, too... we are so thankful for their support of our kidss!

I didn't get any pics during the recital, but I did get this one of her taking a bow afterwards.

My pretty girl...




She was celebrated with lots of hugs, photos and flowers after the show!


We took Doug's dad and my mom's Doug out to dinner for Father's Day and to celebrate Evelyn's first recital. It was a fun time.

So thankful for the great grandparents my kids are blessed with!

Evelyn is excited to continue with ballet this summer and this fall. She is already working on stretching and getting more flexible. Who knows what her future in dance is, but I am sure proud of her for doing her best and sticking with it, even when it was hard!!  Love my sweet dancer!





No comments: