Friday, June 13, 2014

Last Day of First Grade!

I was NOT gonna cry, I said. I am SO SO excited to have Evelyn home for the summer. Saying goodbye to Mrs. Pearson and kindergarten last year was WAY more emotional.. heck, I still tear up thinking about it. But this was a difficult year on different levels, mostly because I just plain missed my baby girl, so her and I both were counting down the last days until school was OUT! So... no tears for me, I said.

Then yesterday morning I took pictures of her and compared them to her "first day of school" pictures.

First Day


Last Day

And then the tears started flowing... my goodness, she has changed so much this year! I just want time to slow down! Sigh...

Once again I went to her end of school year assembly, and once again she got the Gold Presidential Academic Achievement Award for her class. She works so hard and we couldn't be prouder of her. She still is planning on winning this award EVERY year!!

Evelyn and Ian, Gold Award winners!

Mr. Culbertson took over for Mrs. Beltran when she went on maternity leave and although Evelyn was not sure about having a "boy" for a teacher, she warmed up to him quickly. It has been fun to see him grow in confidence and skill as the time passed (this is his first year teaching). He and his wife both got teaching jobs at the coast and I am so excited for him to begin his new adventure there... but we will miss him, too!!

After school a bunch of us headed to Menchie's for frozen yogurt. It was fun to have a last hurrah with some good friends, although we plan on seeing them quite a bit this summer!!

Ev and Josh

Silly Cassandra

Good friends: Evelyn, Cassandra, Noah, Josh, Helena, Alexis, Gus and Jack

Love these moms and dads!

We ended our fun day with dinner at Red Robin to celebrate the end of first grade and Evelyn slept VERY very well last night.

I still find it surreal that I will have a SECOND grader in a few months. I am looking forward to having Evelyn home and doing lots of fun things this summer.. together!

No comments: