Monday, June 23, 2014

Jody Turns 40!!

My best friend is amazing. In so many ways. There are not enough words to describe how much she means to me and how thankful I am that she is my friend. She turned 40 yesterday. A big milestone. Jody is a HUGE fan of birthdays, hers included. To ring in this big day, she went all crazy and decided to run a marathon! The Seattle Marathon was last Saturday. I left early that morning to head up to the Emerald City for the day to cheer her on and celebrate her birthday.


She looked AMAZING after she crossed the finish line! I have never seen her finish one of her marathons (this is her fifth marathon I think.. it may be more) so it was so special to me to be able to cheer her on at the end. She said it was the most difficult. You certainly wouldn't know to look at her!


 Fellow nurse friends Kendra and Julie also ran the marathon. Another, Katie, ran the half.  It was fun to cheer them on, too! I miss working with all of these awesome gals!

 Happy to be DONE!

 So proud of her! I think we both cried after I took this pic...haha! 

 The runners... they amaze and inspire me!

 Tourist pic!:)

Jody rented a condo in West Seattle to stay for the weekend. It was beautiful and overlooked the Puget Sound. We all went back there after the run and chatted and rested before heading out for a fun dinner party to celebrate the birthday girl! 

 All cleaned up!

 Jody and Lori

 Her dad put together a photo collage of Jody thru the years. It was so fun!

 Pa Fred loves his baby girl!!

 She was well loved on by family and friends, young and old. We all think she is pretty great!


Happy Birthday JoJo!! May this next year... this next decade... be your best yet. I love you and am a better person because of you!! Cheers to 40!!

No comments: